Thursday, January 15, 2009

A New Year... A New Story

Welcome to 2009. I’m back at work in my office at West Texas A&M where the sun is shining on the leafless tree outside my window.

I spent most of the month during the Christmas break working on Sage and Drummond’s story. After having them as secondary characters in the last three Whispering Mountain books, I really looked forward to telling their story. A character I hadn’t expected showed up as the story progressed and I think my fans will enjoy him. I love that when it happens. Its almost like writing and reading a story at the same time because I’m not sure where this character is going. When I wrote the last chapter this week, I felt sad saying good-bye to them. The hard part is, I have to keep the story all to myself for 9 months before the book hits the stands.

Whenever I get close to the end of a story, another plot always starts playing in my head, demanding I move on to it. So, I’ll take a weekend off and start all over again with a new group of imaginary friends who live in a place in my head.


Tree Outside my Office Window


I wish everyone the best for 09.

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment