Thursday, March 19, 2009

Become One with the Water...

Sometimes life drifts along like a slow river. Sometimes it rages. Seems like right now my life river would have white caps. The story I’m working on is coming fast, which is great. I’m working on a story set in Harmony, Texas , an imaginary town just west of Twisted Creek. The people are coming alive and I’m loving how they all relate to one another. Every evening I step into this world and feel like I live there. I’m always surprised when I glance up at the clock and find it’s after midnight.

I went to a workshop where the instructor kept stopping the lecture to have us all meditate. I didn’t learn much from the workshop except I can’t meditate. Thinking of nothing but breathing just doesn’t work for me. About the time I was about to give up, she said some people meditate as they walk. Now that I can understand. To clear my mind I left the lecture and went to Wal-mart. For an hour I just walked and thought of nothing. A hundred dollars later I felt much better. I’d meditated and bought groceries, makeup, plant food, an extension cord and socks. Next week I think I’ll meditate at the mall.

JTSiggie

1 comment:

  1. How funny! I'm not so good at meditatin' at the mall; there I'm a stranger in a strange land. But the Home Depot, the Garden Center or the Williams Sonoma...mmm...retail bliss!

    ReplyDelete