Thursday, July 30, 2009

Write On!

Today in an interview someone asked me, “What would you change in your life if you could go back and change something?” When I was young I think the list would have been longer. Now, I realize some of the choices and problems I got into might not have been great, but they made me a stronger person. Usually I say I’d want more children because the two sons I have were so much fun to parent, but if I’d had more that would have changed me and them as well.

Those questions about what would you do or change are always interesting. My favorite is when someone asked Isacc Asimov (author of hundreds of SF books) what he would do if he knew the world would end in fifteen minutes. He answered, “Write faster.”

So this week I’m wishing I could write faster. I have a story running in my head right now that is keeping me awake and I can’t get it on paper fast enough.

JTSiggie

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Jodi. I just wanted to say that I love you're Whispering Mountain Novels, and was wondering if you had a set date for " The Lone Texan " to come out or if it had already came out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear you are enjoying the series! THE LONE TEXAN will be released on October 6, 2009, and is already available for preorder on Amazon.com.
    I am getting excited about it. October is right around the corner!

    ReplyDelete