Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Ready to Run

Hello from Sul Ross University in Alpine, Texas! I’m here for a week teaching a class on creative writing. I’ve got a great group of creative folks to work with!

I love teaching and wish I could do more, but then I love writing too. Part of me will always be a teacher. I’m like a race horse–every September I get ready to run.

This part of Texas is different than any other. The quiet beauty of it takes your breath away sometimes. The silence of it allows you to feel like thoughts come clearer here.

I’m working on the third Whispering Mountain book. By the time TEXAS PRINCESS comes out, I’ll be finished with the third one. I’m getting to know these characters so well I wouldn’t be surprised if I set a place for them at the dinner table. :) I’ve loved Teagen through two books. He’s so hard and set in his ways. I knew he’d be fun to write and I love turning his world upside down.

Until next week,

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment