Monday, August 6, 2007

There's No Place Like Home

After all my travels I’m finally back home. Sometimes I think the best part of traveling is returning home. I loved meeting all the wonderful people and seeing all the new places, but it feels good to see the world today from my own window.

I spent the weekend playing around with an idea for a book that has been simmering in the back of my mind for a long time. I’ve met the characters and know the place, but I’m not sure where they plan to take me. I think that is the surprising thing about writing–it’s a journey you go on with the readers. Many nights I write a little longer just to see what happens.

Today, or more like tonight when I start writing, I think I’ll go back to Whispering Mountain. Teagen’s story is filling my brain. I plan to have great fun with him and the little ladies in his life.

Today I spent the day planning the November book tour. Can’t wait to see TEXAS PRINCESS on the stands. Someday I’ll write a nonfiction called, What happened to me on the way to an autographing. No matter how much I plan there is always the unexpected. Watch my ‘Where’s Jodi’ to see where I’m heading. If I come near, stop by and say hi.

Until next week,

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment