Thursday, October 30, 2008

TALL, DARK, AND TEXAN is Here!

Tuesday my new book hit the stands. TALL, DARK, AND TEXAN. I’ve been waiting a year for everyone to see it. Kathy Baker at the Legacy Bookstore in Plano called to tell me she loved it and thought it was my best. That meant a great deal to me. Writers, no matter how many books always worry about each book.
Now, the frightening part, stepping out of my office and into the world to autograph. I love it when friends come by to visit with me during an autographing. I also love it when readers stop by to talk about my work.
What frightens me are people who just happen to come by, usually drinking a cup of coffee while their children or spouse shop, and look at my books. They ask questions like, ‘What’s going on here?’ or ‘What’s this book about?’ or ‘How’d you get this published.’ They are not buying, they are just passing time. After I tell them about the book, they put it down and say, ‘Let me tell you a real story…” This is about the time I feel trapped. But, I can’t run. It’s my party.

I had a great weekend at a Writers Retreat in Red River, New Mexico. This is what I saw as I drove home.
Buffalo


JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment