Thursday, October 2, 2008

Music and Books

I just got back from the West Texas Book and Music Festival in Abilene. Great fun!
I enjoyed Don Graham's remarks at the luncheon. If I lived near Austin, I'd take his class at UT on Texas Culture.

Several readers have asked what I listen to when I'm writing. Often nothing.
I enjoy the silence when the story is coming to me. Just like I always face the wall when I'm first creating.
Then, when I'm rewriting and polishing, I turn out the world and listen to music. The music changes by what I'm working on.
Sometimes, a line from a song inspires an entire scene or even book.

Talking to the crowd...
Here I am speaking at the festival...
Hall of Texas Authors
And here I am with friends and fellow authors, Jeffery McClanahan & Pam Cumbie

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment