Thursday, October 26, 2006

'Til the Clouds Roll By...

Monday came a few days late this week. That happens now and then.

I’m deep into the second Whispering Mountain book and I have to stop next week because TEXAS RAIN will hit the stands Nov. 7th.

Autographing frightens me a little. I think most writers feel that way. We like watching, or talking one-on-one. I love meeting the fans and seeing friends who always come to the parties, but the crowd makes me uneasy.

I took my mother to an autographing once. The lady sitting next to me was afraid of crowds. My mother thought I said ‘clouds’ so she ran up to the woman and started hugging her telling her, “Dear, there is no need to be afraid of clouds. When I was a kid, clouds would come up all the time and my dad would make us all run for the cellar.” My mother meant well, but I wonder if that woman ever did another autographing. Sometimes when the party is getting ready to start and the noise level is high, I can almost hear my mother’s voice reminding me not to be afraid of clouds.
Best,

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment