Thursday, September 11, 2008

Turn, Turn, Turn...

It is currently raining. I love the dark and gloomy days. I can sit down at my desk with no thoughts of having to weed the garden, or carry out the trash. Instead I can throw myself into the world I'm writing about. Days like this were made for writing.
Summer has quickly come to a close.

Just last week I was down in Palo Duro Canyon celebrating Labor Day with my family. It was hot, sticky, sunny, bright and beautiful. The views were (as always) spectacular and the colors were amazing!
It is easy to see why so many artists choose to make it a subject. The New York Times even ran an article on it recently. I highly suggest taking a trip to see Palo Duro Canyon if you ever get a chance. It is one of my favorite places to be.

Today marks the 7th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks. My thoughts are with all who were touched by the tragedy. Our world will never be the same...
My heart also goes out to all those who are in Hurricane Ike's path. I hope beyond hope that this current threat will leave little mark on those in his way... my prayers are with you.

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment