Thursday, September 25, 2008

YoYo-ing Through Rewrites

Last Saturday I visited a delightful group of writers in Tyler. It’s always fun to be around so many creative people. I remember when I had far more questions than answers and believed I’d make a million on my first book. The journey so far has had many highs and a few lows, but all in all I wouldn’t trade for the ride.

I’m finishing up the rewrite of the rewrite on REWRITING MONDAY due out on April 1, 2009. Each polishing makes it better but I think I must have jinxed it for rewriting because of the name. Maybe my next book should be Fast Writing Tuesday.

My editor made me laugh. When she read about a character introducing himself as Bob Earl she asked if Earl was the last name. No southerner would ever ask that.

*****Stars to Natalie Bright for her story on the history of the yoyo in http://storiesforchildrenmagazine.org. She’s a great speaker and a gifted writer. Check out her site at http://www.nataliebright.com.

JTSiggie

No comments:

Post a Comment